Friday, July 9, 2010

More about country life

We bought this house in 2000 and in 2001 sold a house outside Albuquerque and moved here full time. The night the big furniture was delivered we set up the master bed and put the TV in the trastero (Mexican cabinet). A local company came out and ran a length of coax down from the roof so we had one working TV. This required leaving a window open about the width of RG 58 (1/2 inch). We went to dinner to celebrate.

When we got back, and Sue called from the bedroom that there was a snake. I said "It's just coax!" and went in to find her standing on the bed. There was a three foot snake on the floor. She played "Marlin Perkins - while so-and-so wrestles the alligator I'll be on top of the RV mixing drinks" and directed me to get rid of the snake. I got a broom and the fire screen, opened the outside door and shoo'd the thing out.

Next day while I reposed in the master bath, a snake head poked out from under the vanity - not something you want to see. We stuffed things in the hole.

A couple days later with boxes all around, I walked into the LR and confronted the snake and it hissed. I was ready and got it into a box and taped it shut. I drove it it about five miles away and released it and learned it was a young bull snake, harmless and they eat young rattlers.

Ah! Country life.

No comments:

Post a Comment